Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Conspiracy Song

People do like to believe in strange things. I tackled some of my favorite pseudoscientific examples in The Skeptic in the Room.  And now, I present The Conspiracy Song, my take on some of the popular conspiracy theories that occupy so many people's minds. 


In doing a little research for this song, I was struck by just how many conspiracy theories there are out there, and how absurdly dedicated their adherents are to them. And, just as with religions (where people are gleefully sure that all religions are false except their own) and pseudoscience, people seem to have no trouble embracing a pet theory while rejecting others as illogical. So I'm sure the birthers will chuckle at the mention of other conspiracies while shaking their heads sadly at my mention of their obsession. And those who are certain there's a shadowy New World Order will reject my making fun of it, while laughing at the Moon hoaxers. And, of course, the true believers in a Kennedy assassination conspiracy will reject the whole thing - because those people have no sense of humor at all.


Anyway, it's all in good fun, right?  Here is The Conspiracy Song:

1 comment: