Friday, March 18, 2011

Turtle Science

A couple of years ago, scientists discovered a fossil in China that shed new light on the evolution of turtles.  There had apparently been a lively debate in the field of turtle science about whether the turtle's upper or lower shells evolved first, and this new fossil seemed to indicate that it was the lower that had primacy.

Well, as an avid listening of science and skeptical podcasts, I heard several discussions about this discovery over the next few weeks.  And, while driving around listening to one of those podcasts, it suddenly occurred to me that this was a good topic for a song.  Why, you ask, would that have occurred to me?  I have no idea.

Anyway, I proceed to write and record "Turtle Science," which I have recently posted on YouTube.  I decided to mix in some audio clips from one of those podcast discussions about the fossil, and therefore you'll hear the voices of the renowned podcasters who host the Skeptics Guide to the Universe throughout the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment